Genoot - Family History Services  
 EventsDirectoryLibraryAboutContact
  Library  

Library | Location | England | Bedfordshire | Henlow

Imperial Gazatteer of England & Wales, 1866-9

Henlow, Bedfordshire


HENLOW, a village and a parish in Biggleswade district, Beds. The village stands near the river Ivel and the Hitchin and Leicester railway, 2½ miles SE of Shefford; and has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Biggleswade. The parish comprises 2,450 acres. Real property, £4,781. Pop., 1,011. Houses, 190. The property is divided among a few. henlow-Warden and Lanthony manors belong to General H. Raynsford; and the De Grey manor belongs to the Countess Cowper. henlow Grange, the seat of Gen. Raynsford, is a fine mansion. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £265.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good, and has a fine tower. Charities, £8.

     
Copyright 2002. Genoot. All rights reserved
Please read our Terms of Use | Privacy Policy