Genoot - Family History Services  
 EventsDirectoryLibraryAboutContact
  Library  

Library | Location | England | Bedfordshire | Clifton

Imperial Gazatteer of England & Wales, 1866

Clifton, Bedfordshire


CLIFTON, a parish and a hundred in Beds. The parish is in Biggleswade district; and lies adjacent to the river Ivel and the Great Northern railway, 1½ mile NW of Arlesey r. station, and 4½ SSW of Biggleswade. Post-town, Shefford, under Biggleswade. Acres, 1,420. Real property, £4,546. Pop., 1,478. Houses, 289. The property is much subdivided. Clifton-Spinnies is a meet for the Oakley hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £439.* Patron, H. Miles, Esq. The church has a brass of 1528; and was reported in 1859 as bad. Charities, £12. — The hundred lies around the parish; marches with Herts; and contains eight parishes and part of another. Acres, 20,007. Pop., 10,224. Houses, 1,949.

     
Copyright 2002. Genoot. All rights reserved
Please read our Terms of Use | Privacy Policy