Genoot - Family History Services  
 EventsDirectoryLibraryAboutContact
  Library  

Library | Location | England | Bedfordshire | Campton

Imperial Gazatteer of England & Wales, 1866

Campton, Bedfordshire


CAMPTON, a village and a parish in Biggleswade district, Beds. The village stands oon the river Ivel, 1¼ mile W of Shefford r. station, and 6 SW of Biggleswade; and has a post-office under Biggleswade. The parish includes also the township of Shefford. Acres, 1,120. Real property, £4,406. Pop., 1,544. Houses, 327. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Shefford, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £374.* Patron, Sir G. Osborn, Bart. Both churches are good; and the mother one has a brass of 1489. R. Blomfield, the poet, died and was buried here in 1823. Charities, £144.

     
Copyright 2002. Genoot. All rights reserved
Please read our Terms of Use | Privacy Policy