Genoot - Family History Services  
 LibraryAboutContact
  Library  

Library | Location | England | Bedfordshire | Bletsoe

Imperial Gazatteer of England & Wales, 1866-9

Bletsoe, Bedfordshire


BLETSOE, a parish in the district and county of Bedford; on the river Ouse, and on the Midland railway, 1½ mile SSE of Sharnbrook r. station, and 6 NNW of Bedford. It has a post-oofice under Bedford. Acres, 2,239. Real property, £4,021. Pop., 412. Houses, 80. The property is all in one estate; and belonged once to the Pateshulls and the Beauchamps. An old castle, now a farm-house, was the seat of the ancestors of Lord St. John of Bletsoe. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £316.* Patron, Lord St. John. The church contains tombs of the St. John family and of Frances Countess of Bolingbroke. Charities, £13.

     
Copyright 2002. Genoot. All rights reserved
Please read our Terms of Use | Privacy Policy